OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles
The OpenX Ad Exchange is a Web-based marketplace that enables publishers, advertisers, and ad networks to efficiently buy and sell online advertising and ad inventory.
We recognize privacy is important to Web users. We prepared these OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles so website publishers that use the OpenX Ad Exchange (“Publishers”), and end users of such Publishers’ websites (“Users”), could learn more about information privacy in connection with the OpenX Ad Exchange. If you are a website publisher that uses the OpenX Software or an end user of such publishers’ website, or a visitor to the OpenX Website, and want to learn more about the privacy principles and policies regarding our software or website, please click on the following links:
Read more about our OpenX Software Privacy Principles.
Our Privacy Principles for the OpenX Ad Exchange
1. Information We Collect Through The OpenX Ad Exchange.
(a) We may collect anonymous usage information that does not identify an individual User (“Non-Personal Information”) when Publishers, advertisers, and ad networks use the OpenX Ad Exchange. The fields of information that we collect may include, without limitation, the following:
|User Information||Unique Browser ID||A unique string that identifies this specific browser. This is used to provide more relevant advertising to the User.|
|IP Address||A number which identifies a User’s ISP. This is used for Geolocation information. Click here for more information.|
|Page Information||Domain||The domain name of the website being viewed|
|Page||The specific page of the website being viewed|
|Referer||The domain and page of the referring (previous) page being viewed|
|Ad Information||Size||The size of each of the ads on the page.|
|Format||The ad formats acceptable on the web page|
|Location||The location of each of the ads on the web page|
3. Your Choices. United States residents may visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulatory program. EU residents may visit www.youronlinechoices.com to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising by companies participating in the European Digital Advertising Alliance regime.
4. How We Keep Information We Collect Secure. Information that we collect is stored on servers that OpenX solely manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information in an effort to protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. If we learn that we have unexpectedly stored personal information (e.g., if we become aware that a URL that we store contains personal information), we will use commercially reasonable efforts to anonymize or purge this information.
6. Third-Party Advertisers and Ad Networks. Third-party advertisers and ad networks that participate in the OpenX Ad Exchange pay OpenX to display ads on participating Publisher websites. As discussed above, these companies use their own ad serving technologies to display and track their ads. We are not responsible for such third-party advertisers’ and ad networks’ information privacy or security practices. To learn more about the information privacy practices of these companies, please read their privacy policies.
7. Changes to OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles. From time to time, we may change these OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles. If we decide to change these Principles, in whole or in part, we will inform you by posting the revised Principles on the OpenX Website. Those changes will go into effect on the Effective Date disclosed at the end of the revised Principles. Your continued use of the OpenX Ad Exchange constitutes your agreement to abide by the Principles as revised. If you object to any such revisions, your sole recourse shall be to stop using the OpenX Ad Exchange.
8. Contact Us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles please contact us via our online contact form or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Would you like to go to http://de.openx.com?
Would you like to go to http://uk.openx.com?
Would you like to go to http://openx.com?