OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles
The OpenX Ad Exchange is a Web-based marketplace that enables publishers, advertisers, and ad networks to efficiently buy and sell online advertising and ad inventory.
We recognize privacy is important to Web users. We prepared these OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles so website publishers that use the OpenX Ad Exchange (“Publishers”), and end users of such Publishers’ websites (“Users”), could learn more about information privacy in connection with the OpenX Ad Exchange. If you are a website publisher that uses the OpenX Software or an end user of such publishers’ website, or a visitor to the OpenX Website, and want to learn more about the privacy principles and policies regarding our software or website, please click on the following links:
Read more about our OpenX Software Privacy Principles.
Our Privacy Principles for the OpenX Ad Exchange
1. Information We Collect Through The OpenX Ad Exchange.
(a) We may collect anonymous usage information that does not identify an individual User (“Non-Personal Information”) when Publishers, advertisers, and ad networks use the OpenX Ad Exchange. The fields of information that we collect may include, without limitation, the following:
|User Information||Unique Browser ID||A unique string that identifies this specific browser. This is used to provide more relevant advertising to the User.|
|IP Address||A number which identifies a User’s ISP. This is used for Geolocation information. Click here for more information.|
|Page Information||Domain||The domain name of the website being viewed|
|Page||The specific page of the website being viewed|
|Referer||The domain and page of the referring (previous) page being viewed|
|Ad Information||Size||The size of each of the ads on the page.|
|Format||The ad formats acceptable on the web page|
|Location||The location of each of the ads on the web page|
If you are a User and do not want the advertising served to you to use the OpenX Cookie, click here to replace your unique OpenX Cookie with an opt-out cookie (scroll to “OpenX Ad Exchange Opt-Out Cookie”). If you decide to opt-out, advertisements may still be delivered to your Web browser on behalf of Publishers using the OpenX Ad Exchange but those advertisements may not be as relevant to you because the advertisement request will only use information that is automatically transmitted through an Internet communication (e.g., Web browser type, Internet Service Provider, information about the general content of the website or Web page displayed on your Web browser) and not information collected using an OpenX Cookie. Please note that if you delete the opt-out cookie, then you may receive the OpenX Cookie again.
(2) From Third-Parties. Advertisers and third-party ad networks also participate in the OpenX Ad Exchange and also may utilize cookies to deliver ads and monitor the performance of such ads. Many third-party ad networks have agreed to provide an “opt out” mechanism for their ad cookies. The collection of information through cookies by such third parties will be governed by their own privacy policies and principles, which OpenX does not control. For more information about ad cookies and companies that provide an “opt-out” of these, please click here.
2. How We Use Information Collected Through the OpenX Ad Exchange. With respect to data collected via the OpenX Ad Exchange, we may combine Non-Personal Information with data collected from other sources and disclose the Non-Personal Information and combined information to participating advertisers and ad networks so that they can determine whether to bid on ad inventory and in order to improve the relevance of the advertising presented to Users. Examples of such data include: (a) country, city, and other geolocation details based upon the IP address of the User; (b) category and keyword information based upon the Publisher website URL; and (c) other data from advertisers and data providers that would help in ad targeting (e.g., an advertiser that wants to advertise to Users who have previously visited the advertiser’s website).
3. Your Choices. OpenX adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You may visit www.aboutads.info to learn more about the program and the choices available to you with respect to certain data collection and use by companies participating in the DAA program. If you would like to opt out of interest-based advertising enabled by the OpenX Ad Exchange, you can visit our opt-out page (http://openx.com/legal/) or use the DAA program tool located at www.aboutads.info. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. In addition, note that if you use a different device or browser or erase cookies from your browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice.
4. How We Keep Information We Collect Secure. Information that we collect is stored on servers that OpenX solely manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information in an effort to protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. If we learn that we have unexpectedly stored personal information (e.g., if we become aware that a URL that we store contains personal information), we will use commercially reasonable efforts to anonymize or purge this information.
6. Third-Party Advertisers and Ad Networks. Third-party advertisers and ad networks that participate in the OpenX Ad Exchange pay OpenX to display ads on participating Publisher websites. As discussed above, these companies use their own ad serving technologies to display and track their ads. We are not responsible for such third-party advertisers’ and ad networks’ information privacy or security practices. To learn more about the information privacy practices of these companies, please read their privacy policies.
7. Changes to OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles. From time to time, we may change these OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles. If we decide to change these Principles, in whole or in part, we will inform you by posting the revised Principles on the OpenX Website. Those changes will go into effect on the Effective Date disclosed at the end of the revised Principles. Your continued use of the OpenX Ad Exchange constitutes your agreement to abide by the Principles as revised. If you object to any such revisions, your sole recourse shall be to stop using the OpenX Ad Exchange.
8. Contact Us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these OpenX Ad Exchange Privacy Principles please contact us via our online contact form or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: September 29, 2014
Would you like to go to http://de.openx.com?
Would you like to go to http://uk.openx.com?
Would you like to go to http://openx.com?